Saturday 9 August 2008

Welcome To Wonderland: The Round-up!

Yeah, you all knew it would happen eventually, and here it is - the Welcome To Wonderland blog event round-up!

Hooray, &c. &c.

Before I go on, thank you so much to everyone who entered or even just expressed an interest; it really means a lot to me and I'm so chuffed that even one person wanted to get involved. I mean, obviously more than one person got involved (this would be a short round-up otherwise. I would be the only entrant). But you know what I mean.

So here goes!


First to the party is Sarah in Oshawa, ON, Canada, from What Smells So Good? Since you ask: Carnival Cookies (toffee pieces and amazing-coloured chocolate sunflower seeds? I'm there).







Savoury food has been in the minority of the WWW entries, as Nidhi in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA correctly predicted. She made these amazing marbled tea eggs on her blog, Charche Chauke Ke.








By merit of using a sushi-rolling technique to make these incredible patterned cookies, I hereby declare Rita from Portugal the official coolest person in the universe. Her blog is Clumbsy Cookie, and she made Shikai-Maki Cookies!







I love the colours in this Steam Layer Rice Cake on My Kitchen Snippets. This entry comes from Gertrude in the USA; definitely perfect Wonderland food ^__^.





Another person awarded coolness points now: Joelen from Chicago for making sandwiches with alcohol in them. These are Margarita Chicken sandwiches, and yes; now I'm eighteen all my food will involve alcohol in some shape or form. Take a look at Joelen's Culinary Adventures!





Another amazing cookie rolling technique now from CookeMila in Madrid, Spain. Thankfully with pictures as my Spanish isn't so hot; but Google tools tell me that the name of these cookies translates as Ode To Spring - Oda A La Primavera! So cute XD.






I have to admit I saw these Pac-man Cheese Crackers on Tastorama and totally fell in love; as an added bonus Natasha from Serbia shares my love for Noel Fielding (be glad it's me hosting here; she would have you all dressing up for this XD)





Isa in Santiago, Chile has combined two of my favourite things on her blog, Isa's Cooking, for this one (no, not Noel Fielding this time); cupcakes and miniature food! Her Red Velvet Cupcake Bites are completely adorable, particularly when dwarfed by a full-sized cake stand. All together now: awww... She's also right to guess I've never had a red velvet cake; really got to do that!




A small interval now for the story of a girl with a foodie dream... Simran of Bombay Foodie may not have been able to put her supercute mice together but I think I'll let her off for her great post. If you have any ideas how to stick ears onto hardboiled eggs...!





Cakelaw in Australia had completely the right idea when she turned to Hello Cupcake for decorating ideas - I think I need this book! She made these amazing Dali-esque Sunflower Cupcakes on Laws of the Kitchen. And can the girl have a round of applause - three and a half hours decorating time?! That's dedication.



I love these Chocolate Buttons by Rhyleysgranny in Ireland - so simple, but so adorable! And paired with pink milk, I think my life may be complete. They can be found on Tea And Wheaten Bread!


Great food for a party now (and actually, who needs a party; I'm just in the mood for one of these) - Aloo Samosas on Annarasa - Essence of Food, made by Apu in the USA!

All the fun of recreational drugs with none of the negative side effects now (unless you count a sugar high?); Psychedelic Pinwheel Cookies from Linda in the Netherlands on her blog, Make Life Sweeter. Is there seriously a book called 'Wacky Cakes and Kooky Cookies'? Why don't I own it?


...And because there's always a point in a party where clear instructions become necessary; 'Eat Me' Cookies from SilverMoon in Australia on her blog, Dragon Musings. I also love her idea of little meringue mushrooms with gummy caterpillers; you'll know who to credit if I can't resist making some!

Okay, so I went with two pictures for the next entry - from Morgana in Madrid, Spain - because there were so many options to go with and I couldn't decide which I loved most! She submits Cake... Anything But Balls and has taken the 'cake ball' idea to a whole new level - cake mushrooms? Cake whales? Cake... cakes? I'm so blown away, here.


Yes, these are mini cake ice cream cones!







As if I wasn't over-excited enough here, the fantastic colours of the Rainbow Cupcakes on Epicurean Escapism will have me on the roof. These come from Zhulaiha in Singapore, and I am in love with them, for obvious reasons. Truly a tale of rainbows and Wonderland.





And finally, my own entry - Chequerboard Cake! I apologise for the horrible photo (my camera, displaying its typical perfect timing, decided to break, so I had to use my sister's) but you can expect a post on how to put this cake together in the very near future ^__^.







...Okay, I'm exhausted (whaat? Constant partying takes it all out of me). But once again - thank you so much to all entrants, I've loved everything you sent me and all the effort people have gone to. All in all; a pretty great birthday present! I'll blog with the chequerboard cake later this week (perhaps on my actual blogiversary, if I'm organised enough XD) though it's a bit of a busy one : A-Level results, Driving Theory test, and of course, a real-life party to plan.
Thank you everyone!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's some collection!!! Well! Heartiest Congratulations for entering officially into adulthood..........and to the grind. Savor each and every minute of the teen years left. They are going to fly by really fast! You are already doing enough to keep yourself super busy. If somebody asks me to go eons back to my teen years, I'd do absolutely nothing.........enjoy Mom's cooking and maybe study a little harder and take time out to see the sky .........cause it has changed since then. Well! my eyesight certainly has! Keep up the good work girl!!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

What a great roundup! So many cool things! Can you imagine a real life party with all these things? I would have gonne mad! Your checkboard cake by the way is lovely and I can't wait for pictures on how you did it!

Natasha said...

Happy bday and anniversary! The round-up turned out really cool. and psychedelic...
Loved all the entries, and I'm just dying to find out how on earth you managed to make that chequerboard cake!

AJ said...

Wonderful roundup!! Good luck with the exams, driving, and oh so much more!! Nothing quite like being on the threshold of life :)

Apu

Anonymous said...

happy birthday.Thanks.muac....

Anonymous said...

Great round-up, Indigo! Absolutely colourful; love it! :D Your checkerboard cake looks utterly wonderful, btw :)

Anonymous said...

These entries are down right adorable...but the Pac Man entry made me laugh out loud. I used to obsessed with that game as a child. Great Round-up.

Anonymous said...

Great Round-Up! I loved every entry :)
And beautiful checkboard cake!
Happy 18 years

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! And thank you for including me in your great party. It has been so funny to see all of those original party treats...

grace said...

what fun! man, i really wish i had an imagination like these folks. great event, and happy happy birthday! :)

Y said...

I love your cake! And great roundup.. Hope you have a fabulous party :)

Anonymous said...

gnarharhardihar and I am going to be there, I look forward to it my love. Bet you can't guess who this is. Bet you can't. Hehehe, I drool over your lovely food recipies. And also your face.

test it comm said...

Great roundup! I really like that checkered cake.

Cakelaw said...

A fabulous roundup Indigo! So many super great things to try, all a little different to your run of the mill party fare. I love your checkerboard cake - it looks very complicated.

lubnakarim06 said...

All my favourite ones. Yummy collection of recipes. Whenever iam in the mood to experiment i can chek out here.

Rosie said...

WOW this is one awesome round-up wishing you also a very belated Happy Bday!!

My apologies for not submitting an entry due to me being away from blogging last month.

Rosie x

Anonymous said...

I know I'm too late but here's my Wonderland entry:

Broken Glass Jello

and my blog:
justJENN rants

Happy birthday!

Amanda said...

ok wow, after browsing your blog I have to add you to my blog roll! :)