Friday 11 July 2008

Welcome To Wonderland - Party Time!

Dear fans loyal blog readers,

Some of you may know It may come as a nasty surprise to you to learn that my 18th birthday falls on the 16th of August, and that the day before this is my first blogiversary! (I know; my blog and I are twin souls. We're nearly as close as I am with the Queen) (aw, I wish I shared the Queen's birthday. That would be cool).

What better excuse for a blog party, I hear you cry? No better excuse! None at all!


Here's the deal.

I am, despite gravest misgivings, hosting my very first blog event. (At this point I will say, please participate, or I will cry and feel a fool) (Not really) (Well, maybe really). Between now and the 8th of August, I'd love it if anyone who wanted to be involved blogged something fitting the below criteria and emailed me with it, for a roundup on the 9th of August.

My real-life party is extreme fancy dress; imagine a charmingly whimsical (albeit probably with a macabre edge, because I am really a sadist) Wonderland, if Wonderland tripped down Harajuku Street, bounced between Oz a couple of times, circled Disneyland Castle, detoured through the Sixties and ended up in Noel Fielding's wardrobe.

(When describing this to my friend, she gave me a long look at this point and said slowly, '...so basically, you're having an LSD themed party?' Er, yes. Thankyou, Alison).

Anyway, I'd love to have food to fit this theme-in-inverted-commas, and since I have exhausted all my imagination on the above drug trip plan, this is where you come in. The criteria are:

  • It must be food that I can serve at a party, since I'd love to try your recipes for the real thing.
  • The theme is anything whimsical, weird and wonderful (WWW, since this is my online party. Ohoho. Sorry, I'll stop making jokes).
  • Think trompe d'oeil food, layers, spirals, food on sticks , bright colours &c. &c.
  • Entries can be sweet or savoury, and in any measurements (I can translate pretty quickly now)

Once you've blogged your entry (including a link to this post, please), email the following to outoftheblue.x[at]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk with 'Welcome To Wonderland' as the title:

  • Your name and location
  • Blog name and URL
  • Post URL
  • Picture
  • Name of entry

If you don't have a blog, just email me your name, the recipe and a picture and I'll include it in the roundup.

For more ideas of the kind of thing I'm planning, check out a couple more links - something like this would be suitably random, these are ridiculously impressive, Bakerella should just cater for me already, and I am one billion percent making these.

Really hoping to hear from you!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love blog events, I'm having a Potato Ho event now too...love it.

Mike said...

Sounds like a challenge, I'll get my thinking cap on...
Mike

Anonymous said...

Sound like fun, I'll see if I can think of something...

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Welcome back you! This sounds like a lot of fun! Let's see what will I send your way?...

grace said...

not only am i excited to play, but i'm also looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with--great event!

Y said...

Sounds like fun. Hopefully I'll have time to whip something up :D

Abitofafoodie said...

Now, that really is a challenge... I like a challenge though, so I'll get plotting.
Those lego cube cakes are hilarious. I'm thinking they would make quite an amusing wedding cake all stacked up one on top of each other.

Mike said...

Antonia, that's an amazing idea... a wedding cake made out of cake lego!!! I like it :p

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Heh. Great shout, great theme.

Can't promise, as am mad busy at the mo' (or maybe just mad), but if I have time, I'll certainly try to bring something to the party...

Anonymous said...

"My real-life party is extreme fancy dress; imagine a charmingly whimsical (albeit probably with a macabre edge, because I am really a sadist) Wonderland, if Wonderland tripped down Harajuku Street, bounced between Oz a couple of times, circled Disneyland Castle, detoured through the Sixties and ended up in Noel Fielding's wardrobe.

(When describing this to my friend, she gave me a long look at this point and said slowly, '...so basically, you're having an LSD themed party?' Er, yes. Thankyou, Alison)."


Now that should be your invite, makes it so clear what you mean!

*drools over Noel Fielding*

Also, I have been INSPIRED with a party idea: what say you to my outfit being...
The Spirit of Your 90s Childhood
?!?!?!
Also the train-hat, as promised.
I personally cannot wait!
xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

wow! I'd love to participate! Hope language is not a big problem, I'm spanish and my english is... well, I do it the best I can. I will invite my partner cookemila too, I'm sure she will create something funny and different for this event.

For now, I can offer you some "spanish olives" so that you have something "typical spanish" ;-) (they are sweet, lemon cake balls)
[url]http://blogolosas.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=287&blogId=2[/url]

http://blogolosas.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=287&blogId=2

Anonymous said...

delighted to participate, you send a private message with my things if we do not I say what.Happy birthday, xoxo

Susan said...

Thanks for the mention. I have a "thing" for Alice; I find the world a much easier place to live in when you accept that it's cracked. :D

Would love to join in, but will be on blogging break shortly.

Good Luck w/ you event. Happy 18th B Day!

SilverMoon Dragon said...

I was thinking of making little "mushrooms" out of meringues (with or without tiny green caterpillers on top), but I'm too lazy to make meringues just for the kids, so the kids and I are making you something tomorrow after we go shopping - simple enough that a 4yo and 2yo can do it! (with help)

Rhyleysgranny said...

Delighted to be invited. I have sent you the details.
xxx

Natasha said...

ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING that even so much as comes close to Noel Fielding's wardrobe (*drools*) is sure to get me hooked! I'll send you my entry asap. Thanks so much for the invite!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

beth said...

Happy 20th, kiddo!