Wednesday 20 February 2008

E Is For Excellent!

You know the days when things are just so the opposite of excellent that you want to rip your Psychology coursework into twenty billion pieces and eat the bits? OK, just me. But yesterday was one of those days. So you can imagine my reaction when I logged into Statcounter yesterday night and found I had about five times more hits than usual (in case you can't imagine: basically, 'EH??' accompanied with lots of arm-waving).

An embarrassing amount of bewilderment later I found that the lovely Pixie of You Say Tomahto, I Say Tomayto had awarded me the above! (Cue a bit more flailing. I flail quite a lot, actually). What can I say; everything suddenly seemed so much... excellent-er. Both Tomahto/Tomayto and Pixie's sweet blog, A SweeTart are fantastic, so it really means a lot to be given something like this. I still consider myself a bit of a baby to food-blogging, and I don't have a huge readership, so - guh, basically ^__^.

Am I gushing? I gush nearly as much as I flail. I'll start with the 'I'd like to thank's soon, if you're not careful.

Ah, go on. Massive thanks to Pixie for the ego-boost and cheering-up, and thanks to everyone who came over and commented and basically said all sorts of lovely things ♥.


The idea is to pass this award on to five other deserving bloggers, but I don't know a huge amount, haha. Despite this, I'm passing this on to some gorgeous blogs - some bloggers I know quite well, others less so, but I don't want my internet-reticence to get in the way X__X

Firstly one of my very favourite blogs is Kitchen Wench. I know Ellie doesn't go in for memes, and I don't know if this counts, but I her site is so excellent and I visit it so often that I'd feel wrong not offering this award to her. After all, I'd never have found this cheesecake without her...

What I love about Ovenhaven's blog, Epicurean Escapism, is that everything so obviously cooked with so much love and thought (macaroni and cheese from a cheese-phobic? That's dedication). Some fabulous baking goes on round here!

Want to know why I think A Whisk And A Spoon is so excellent? Take a look at Steph's almost-fudge gateau at the top of the page. Enough said ^__^.

Su Good Sweets is another blog I've made a cheesecake from, oddly enough (I'm seeing a trend here), but I think Jessica needs recognition for her gorgeous desserts. I'm a sucker for sweets, I admit it, and she does them brilliantly...


R Khooks is a site that I came across only very recently, but it's so delicious looking and the photos are so fantastic that I think it really deserves the title of an Excellent blog.

Thanks again for the award and for everyone who came over to say hi - I hope to keep seeing you all around! Here's a preview of my next post, but it'll have to wait I'm afraid - Torchwood calls ^__^

14 comments:

Pixie said...

I missed half of Torchwood because my sister called me (she lives in London btw). Aaack! Anyhow, congrats again on the E well done and I'm glad that it cheered you up on the right day.

Will check out your mentioned blogs at some point tomorrow and how dare you present me with my ultimate favourite-sushi....am hoping to make some over the weekend (hopefully) if i can figure it all out!

Anna said...

Aaah, I hope you got to see the end?! I almost had a heart attack, next week looks amazing. It did, thankyou =]

Ooh, another sushi-lover! I thought it would be a lot harder than it was (er, obviously the photo is of my second attempt though; we won't speak of the first one X__X) so I'm sure it'll work fine. I did read the post on Soy & Pepper about a hundred times before I dared to start though...

Maria♥ said...

You deserve this award Indigo. Btw I have tagged you for a MeMe ;o)

Maria
x

Anonymous said...

Yay for sushi! It looks very nice, especially for your second attempt! And you definitely have an excellent blog! :)

Cakespy said...

Congrats on your award! I am a huge fan of Su Good Sweets too, so it was nice to see you recognize them!!

Anna said...

Maria - thankyou! And thanks for the tag too, I'll do that in my next post ^__^

Allison - thanks! Yeah, I'm hoping to get more practice at it, but I was pleased with how it turned out =]. I've just been looking at your site actually, so now I'm a bit in awe... I'd love to have a go at some of your random combinations =P

Cakespy - cheers! Nothing like a bit of love-spreading, is there...

Rosie said...

Congratulations on your Award Indigo, and very much deserved!

Rosie x

Cakelaw said...

Congrats on the award - I found you through Pixie, and I am glad that I did.

Ivy said...

Congrats Indigo, well deserved it.

Anna said...

Rosie, Cakelaw and Ivy - thankyou all very much ^__^

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the award, sweetie :) And congrats on getting yours; truly deserved!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

congratulations on your award.--your blog is certainly most excellent! and thanks so much for mine...i am truly honored! excuse me while i grab a tissue...

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

Wow looks great! I absolutely love sushi!

Jessica "Su Good Sweets" said...

Hi Indigo, aw that's so sweet of you to gave me an award!